A damaged foundation endangers your home. Foundation repairs can save it. Your foundation repair company can often answer questions you have regarding your own upcoming service. Below are a few common questions that homeowners often have regarding foundation repairs.
- How is the condition of my foundation analyzed? Your foundation repair company will send out a specialist to perform a thorough inspection inside and outside of your home. They look for signs of damage and use leveling software to create an accurate contour map of your foundation, which will enable them to accurately plan repairs.
- Will landscaping or plants near the foundation be a problem? It is understandable that homeowners have concerns about plantings near the sides of their home. For foundation repairs that include the installation of pilings or piers, it may be necessary to remove plants in the area. Your foundation repair specialist will do everything possible to ensure that your plants are disturbed as little as possible.
- How long do average foundation repairs take? Once your foundation has been analyzed and you have been offered an estimate, it typically takes between one to two days to complete a quality foundation repair. If your foundation has experienced more severe heaving or sinking, the job could take longer.
- Should I consult a structural engineer? A quality foundation repair company will often provide a third-party engineer with the qualifications to inspect your foundation. Ask for the inspection to take place both before and after the repairs are completed. This ensures that you receive the best possible service and that your home's foundation will be sound.
- Will cracks remain in my walls or be repaired? In some instances, drywall can experience new cracks that can be patched by the homeowner after the repairs are completed. Many cracks that have occurred due to foundation damage, such as those found in bricks, can be re-closed once the foundation is repaired.
If you have a question regarding your own upcoming foundation repair, contact Structured Foundation Repairs, Inc. at (972) 484-1200. You may also visit our website to read about questions homeowners have asked us in the past.