Working to construct a safe building with a sound foundation began thousands of years ago. Learn more about the history of buildings and the benefits of new advances in technology and engineering with the links below.
- Though the 2011 Japan earthquake was devastating, it could have been much worse. Find out how stellar engineering saved thousands of lives at this page from Britannica.com.
- Learn about the foundations used for Ancient Roman buildings with the information on this helpful page.
- The pyramids of Giza have some serious foundations. Learn more about the building of the pyramids with this article from TourEgypt.net.
- Would you like to learn more about the benefits of loam soil? If so, head over to this page from HowStuffWorks.com.
- Clay soil is not the ideal soil for home foundations. Learn more about the properties of clay soil with this page from GardenGuides.com.
For Dallas-Ft. Worth foundation specialists that will help repair and maintain your home’s foundation, contact Structured Foundation Repairs, Inc. at (972) 484-1200.